It’s been dumping snow here in BC, and for the past 3 weeks I’ve been DYING to strap on my board and get out there for some snowboarding… but I’ve been sick and low on energy lately. After waiting 3 weeks and just not being able to stand it anymore, Allan and I finally got up to Whistler Blackcomb on Sunday for some FANTASTIC boarding. Although I couldn’t do more than 3-4 hours on the hill, we definitely made the most of it.
It has snowed 259cm in the past week at Whistler, and even though it’s been snowing all the way through the week, we still got an extra 20 cm for our first day of the season yesterday. And it shows.
The runs were ridiculously powdery, even the groomers… although we ended up riding knee-deep untouched powder in the trees all day.
Allan had a great time too… he didn’t get a chance to ride his new board, but he was wearing a perma-grin on his face all day… despite this very sombre-looking gondola shot.
I was stoked on the new Westbeach outerwear this year, although my new white helmet hasn’t come in yet so it looks kind of funny with my green helmet from my old outfit of past years. I rode my new Burton Supreme boots and my new Burton Malolo… and let me just say…
… riding my Malolo in the trees all day let me know that the ‘Lolo was definitely the right choice for me. Oh man.
Here I am in the trees… far, far away!
Did I mention that it was sunny and blue skies for most of the day? We really lucked out! Even the birds came out to play in the snow.
For the readers of VancityAllie.com, I am happy to present a contest to win some brand new spankin’ outwear from a fantastic local company:
WESTBEACH LADY RACER JACKET AND RENDEZVOUS PANTS CONTEST NOVEMBER 2009:
What you are playing for (either for yourself or a friend, girlfriend etc):
- A Westbeach Women’s Lady Racer Jacket Insulted Jacket in the Twilight Zone colour shown in my photos, size Medium
- A Westbeach pair of Women’s Rendezvous Pants in the Breezer colour shown in my photos, size Medium
Total value of the contest: $420.00 CAD
Both the jacket and pants are waterproof, rated to 6,000mm.. and are coated and seam sealed.
What you have to do:
- By Sunday, November 29th at midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST), leave a comment on this blog post
- I will do a random draw (I will video tape this) of anyone who left a comment between today and the contest deadline
- The lucky winner will win the full set of Westbeach Women’s Outerwear, which I will ship to them anywhere in the world.
That’s it! Good luck. By the way… I will have some HD video from yesterday’s snowboarding up, hopefully by Wednesday!